Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso PLLC utilizes an innovative program designed to assist operators and contractors in the ever-changing regulatory landscape. Mine Regulatory Analysis and Management (“M-RAM”) is designed to provide the mine industry with consistent and cost-effective methods to handle regulatory issues. M-RAM utilizes former MSHA executives on the front lines to allow for an experienced level of review and guidance but at a cost lesser than hiring a lawyer. M-RAM’s mining consultants will review and investigate all state and federal regulatory citations and orders in a systematic manner. This process involves:
- Thorough evaluation of all the pertinent elements of your citations and orders
- Analysis of how violations affect your repetitive history
- Utilizing computer software to help identify potential safety problem areas in your operation, and develop safety planning and training to correct these areas
- Management of your S&S history to protect against a pattern of violation notice
- Reducing the increasing cost of assessments
- Taking a principled stand on incorrect citations
- Consultation in emergency situations
M-RAM is a total analysis and management system that is cost-effective and dedicated to achieving your regulatory goals. M-RAM will review citations and orders with your particular company’s regulatory history in mind and design an action plan that will determine which violations will be contested and which violations will be paid.
In an effort to keep your company safe from regulatory peril, M-RAM recommends expending effort only on the violations that can be effectively reduced based on facts or on those that will cause your business significant long-term risk.
All M-RAM consultants have over 20 years of experience working for state and federal regulatory agencies. M-RAM consultants have been involved in every aspect of the violation process and are well positioned to successfully advise others on how to manage a regulatory portfolio. M-RAM is a business of Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso and will be supervised by litigators dedicated to the mining industry. Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso is ready to defend you when the need arises to engage in litigation with a regulatory agency.
Regulatory matters are a consistent and ever-increasing expense for operators and contractors. If you do not establish a plan to handle these matters, the regulatory agencies will have you at their mercy. Let M-RAM help you assert efficient, cost-effective control over your regulatory environment.